Image via Pexels
It’s difficult to find someone who doesn’t like animals. Caring for a household pet is such a rewarding and enjoyable experience! Yet somehow, there are still tens of millions of stray animals living in the United States, many of which were abandoned by their owners. If this tugs at your heartstrings, you’re not alone. Here are some expert tips from MJ’s Pet Spaw for those of you who want to step up and support the abandoned and neglected pets in your community!
Launch a Business Helping Pets
Business-minded individuals have a lot of power to help animals. Consider opening a shelter or launching a pet service business in your city.
- – Do some research to determine whether your community needs another animal shelter—and if this demanding job is right for you!
- – You could also start a business offering training, dog walking, pet sitting, or other helpful services to support pet owners in your area
- – If you’re opening an animal shelter, keep in mind that there is always some degree of risk to visitors, employees, and volunteers. As such, it’s important to learn all you can about how to start a business in California.
Support Rescue Groups in Your Area
Your city is home to several rescue groups. Shelters and rescue organizations like these are always in need of volunteers, cash donations, and supplies.
- – Adopt a pet from a local shelter.
- – Donate cash, pet food, or shelter supplies to an animal shelter.
Do Your Part to Fight Animal Cruelty
Sadly, animal cruelty is a common problem—and it can be difficult to spot. Know how to identify signs of cruelty and always report your concerns to the authorities.
- – Report animal abuse or neglect to your local animal control agency.
- – Animal abuse might not always be obvious. While many people keep their dogs tethered outside all day long, this is actually a serious form of cruelty.
- – Learn how to be a responsible pet owner to enhance the well-being of your furry friends, and encourage friends and family to do the same.
- – Offer to help pet owners who are overwhelmed with their responsibility and lack the resources to provide adequate care.
Every pet deserves to live in a safe and loving home. If you want to help the animals in your community get the support they need, why wait? From donating to a local rescue to launching your own nonprofit, there are so many ways to get involved!
MJ’s Pet Spaw is Orange County’s best pet care and mobile grooming service. For more information about the services we provide, please call (949) 328 9365 (salon reservations) or (949) 784 9337 (mobile grooming reservations).